Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

Life's a Beach!

Our first stop today was Venice Beach. We got there around 10 a.m. and it was overcast and quite chilly. Treklet got a small henna tattoo on her wrist, and then we walked along the boardwalk. I bought a long-sleeved dress because I was freezing. After about half an hour of looking at the vendor and artist booths, and inhaling lots of pot fumes, we headed out across the sand towards the shore. I sat on the sand with Eugene T. Spacecow and Treklet dipped her toes in the brisk Pacific.


My friend Mikki came out to visit with us for a while, and as soon as I saw her, I stood up to meet her...but then something caught my eye. Dolphins! A small pod of dolphins were frolicking in the surf! I snapped some horrible iPhone photos and took some videos as we watched them ride the waves. Wow, what a thrill!

After that excitement, we visited a while on the sand, then made our way back down the boardwalk where we watched a very entertaining, but slightly long break dancing show. I'll have to edit together my video clips from that and post later, as I'm writing this at midnight and need some sleep. I guess the highlight of that show was being called a sexy cougar after contributing a donation.



Next we bought some fresh fruit and a shave ice and wandered to Muscle Beach where Treklet tried out some of the gymnastics equipment. Unfortunately, there were no bodybuilders on the weight equipment.


We said our goodbyes to Mikki and headed up Pacific Coast Highway towards Malibu where we met our friends David and David. The kids boogie-boarded in the frigid water for a bit as the adults swatted sand flies and caught up.


Soon we were on our way to Pieology, an interesting pizza joint where you design your own pizza Subway style. I'm still regretting eating my entire veggie-laden pizza, but we didn't have lunch and I was ravenous!

We went to the movie theater and saw Rio 2, hugged the Davids goodbye and went back down the 101 to West Hollywood. It was a long day, but filled with wondrous dolphins, kind friends, colorful sights, and unique entertainment.

Keep your eye on my YouTube Channel, starfleetmom1, in the coming days for videos of street performers and dolphins!

No comments:

Post a Comment